Wednesday 30 March 2016

Future Dominica-ers

Hello friends!

I've gotten a few questions about what I brought to Dominica and how I got it here so I figured if some people have that question (and I know I had that question before coming down) more people do as well. So I brought a lot of stuff... I had four suitcases (two me, two my mom) and shipped two barrels.

In my suitcases I had

  • Clothes(athletic shorts/tops, sports bras, bras, underwear, comfortable tops, jean shorts) - I highly suggest bringing clothes you are not too attached to. Sometimes things get lost in laundry or ruined down here (it rains a lot).
  • Professional clothes - for first semester we had to dress up three times, and then once for white coat ceremony
  • Hygiene products (shampoo, conditioner, soap, tweezers, nail clippers ect.) - I packed enough in my suitcase to tide me over until my barrels came
  • Running shoes, sandals, nice flats, sperry's (my favourite)
  • BRING RAIN BOOTS AND A RAIN JACKET - you'll thank me later
  • School supplies - textbooks I really liked
  • Water bottles - I highly suggest some larger bottles to use as a back up when the water looks brown
  • External hard drive, laptop, phone, iPad
  • Doubles of electronic chargers
  • I couldn't leave Canada without a French Press and Starbucks coffee
  • Some granola bars
  • Ziplock bags
  • Towels
  • 2nd pair of glasses
  • Contacts
  • Sweaters and longer pants - all of the buildings on campus are CHILLY
  • Coffee travel mugs
  • UV water filter, rechargeable flash light
  • Portable charging stations
  • Bug spray - please don't forget this
  • Sunscreen
In my barrels
  • Lots and lots and lots of snack foods (granola bars, chocolate, protein bars, crackers, peanut butter, nutella) - trust me this stuff is expensive here. If you have a go to snack food I suggest you pack a decent amount of it
  • Larger bottles of shampoo and conditioner
  • Case of water
  • Tissues
  • Extra bed sheets
  • Toothpaste, toothbrushes, razors
  • More school supplies
  • Gum
  • Notebooks
  • Blank Paper
  • More coffee and tea
  • First aid kit

That's a rough list of what I brought down here to the island - add or get rid of things as you see fit. One thing add is that you will get a weekly printing allowance - I could print my weekly notes on that with no problem. If you're worried about bringing a printer I say don't fret.

If you're wondering about anything else to bring down just send me a message or comment and I'll be happy to help you out!

Jen

Here's some island pictures
On the pier

Post Mini Dinner

It was raining hard one day and I had patient interviewing - so I hid my dress under my rain jacket

My grandma surprised me for lunch one day

The beach

1 comment:

  1. Good tips!

    Isobel x

    Latest posts - http://www.fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/beauty-skincare-routine.html
    Instagram - https://instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Bloglovin' - https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionistachic14-12984939
    New Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqoWvvt0MR8

    ReplyDelete